An old friend.
We all have them, they are that special trail. The one you know like the back of your hand. The trail that you always think “Man, I have ridden that trail a million times, I should ride somewhere else.” But then you get there and you remember why you have ridden it a million times. Because it’s fun..
For me, that would be the University Falls Loop out at Brown’s Camp. There is nothing magnificent about it. No epic climbs, no ball-busting decent that winds on for ever. Just tight single track winding through the woods.
I spent the afternoon with my old friend last Friday. And it was good to see her. I expected her to be wet and sloppy, full of puddles and beat up. But it looks as though she has taken better care of her self this year. She had some trail maintenance done. Her really wet spots (the swamp) had been cleaned up with drainage and gravel. The rutted decents had been smoothed out and drainage added.. Most of, it looks like the motorbikes had been staying off the trails.
The conditions were perfect for a fall ride. Cold and dry. There was ice on the trail at the top, and there were the usual puddles to avoid at the end. The trail was sticky and I was able to push the bike faster than usual. It was a good day and I made the most out of it..
It was good to spend some time with her.
Puck
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home