Some things to clear up..
Thanks to all for the wonderful thoughts.
From most of the responses that I have recieved I get a sense that most people have different views on my situation.
So, here is how I see it;
Best case, I am back to normal in as little a 3 months.
Worst case, death. It's the same risk I run riding my bike in Beaverton. Really, it's worst case for all of us in any situation.
No biggie. I have survived numerous car accidents as a passenger, I am not about ready to let my body get the best of me.
What I don't know is why?? Why is a healthy 34 year old having blood clots for no reason??
Could be a blood disorder, could be my own personal crop circles. Hell, it could be because of My Hot Blonde's cold feet at night freezing the blood in my lower legs.(I don't think that they testing for that though) I won't know until they tell me and that's if they can tell me.
I have to be very careful for the next week to avoid more complications. I have to go in for blood tests every other day to monitor my INP. It should be 2.0 - 3.0 for proper treament of cloting and should reamain there for a min of 3 months to 6 months. This is controlled by the Warafin. As of yesterday, I was at 1.3. Initially, I have to give my self injections in the bellyfat around the bellybutton for 7 days (Heprin) to speed up the process. If I had abs of steel instead of buns of steel, I would have to be admitted into the hospital for this process. All hail the spare tire!!!!
I am still at risk of the clots breaking free and will be for about a week. After that, my only risk is bleeding and monitoring my Warafin levels. I do have some additional considerations if I have a surgery and I have carry some notification that I am on the thinners just in case. But, overall, it's a short road to recover.
What can you do??
Well, nothing. I could really go for a beer, but I shouldn't while on thinners, so I am not.
There is nothing to do. I got it under control...
I have been sad for the last couple of days, but there has been more to it than this. I didn't mean to cause any scares. I am just having to tell the story to everyone and it was getting old.
What this really showed me, and I hoped that it was evident in the last post, was that I felt that my priorities were very messed up. I am not a pro racer. I will not conquer the world in the near future. My weight is not an issue. My endurance is not an issue. The only person who cares about these things is me and that's a waste of energy.
Life is about fun. Weather it's racing, drinking, bowling or watching the Bachelor on TV. As long as you enjoy it, do it.
From most of the responses that I have recieved I get a sense that most people have different views on my situation.
So, here is how I see it;
Best case, I am back to normal in as little a 3 months.
Worst case, death. It's the same risk I run riding my bike in Beaverton. Really, it's worst case for all of us in any situation.
No biggie. I have survived numerous car accidents as a passenger, I am not about ready to let my body get the best of me.
What I don't know is why?? Why is a healthy 34 year old having blood clots for no reason??
Could be a blood disorder, could be my own personal crop circles. Hell, it could be because of My Hot Blonde's cold feet at night freezing the blood in my lower legs.(I don't think that they testing for that though) I won't know until they tell me and that's if they can tell me.
I have to be very careful for the next week to avoid more complications. I have to go in for blood tests every other day to monitor my INP. It should be 2.0 - 3.0 for proper treament of cloting and should reamain there for a min of 3 months to 6 months. This is controlled by the Warafin. As of yesterday, I was at 1.3. Initially, I have to give my self injections in the bellyfat around the bellybutton for 7 days (Heprin) to speed up the process. If I had abs of steel instead of buns of steel, I would have to be admitted into the hospital for this process. All hail the spare tire!!!!
I am still at risk of the clots breaking free and will be for about a week. After that, my only risk is bleeding and monitoring my Warafin levels. I do have some additional considerations if I have a surgery and I have carry some notification that I am on the thinners just in case. But, overall, it's a short road to recover.
What can you do??
Well, nothing. I could really go for a beer, but I shouldn't while on thinners, so I am not.
There is nothing to do. I got it under control...
I have been sad for the last couple of days, but there has been more to it than this. I didn't mean to cause any scares. I am just having to tell the story to everyone and it was getting old.
What this really showed me, and I hoped that it was evident in the last post, was that I felt that my priorities were very messed up. I am not a pro racer. I will not conquer the world in the near future. My weight is not an issue. My endurance is not an issue. The only person who cares about these things is me and that's a waste of energy.
Life is about fun. Weather it's racing, drinking, bowling or watching the Bachelor on TV. As long as you enjoy it, do it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home