Friday, June 30, 2006

Elkhorn Classic Race Report

I had all this great stuff to write about the Elkhorn Classic, but I didn’t. So let me just sum up:

3 days, 4 stages in and around beautiful Baker City, Oregon: 85 mile road race Friday, Time Trial Saturday morning, Criterium Saturday afternoon, and a 101-mile road race on Sunday featuring three longs climbs and then finishing off with an 8-mile climb up Dooley Mountain, all at about 100 degrees. On Sunday alone I consumed 9 bottles of water, 4 gel packs, a banana, a bagel, some pretzels and some Clif shot blocks. I finished in the top 50 out of 93 starters (50th place for those who are actually counting). 23 people didn’t even finish the first stage. I went out there to finish it, and that’s just what I did. Now, five days later, I am still tired.

But hey, what’s really important is that Puck is getting married tomorrow! Enough of this bike racing nonsense. Congratulations to Puck and best wishes for a long and happy life together with Carrie.

-Smack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home